We are looking for an enthusiastic, self-motivated business development advisor to sell technical training programmes (not apprenticeships) to the retail motor industry.
These technical programmes are currently delivered in the East and West Midlands but the business development activity will be carried out by phone so the advisor location is not necessarily midlands based.
If you are a great communicator on the phone and want to develop your skills in this growing business, this could be the role for you.
You will be working from home with regular contact and support from the rest of the team including weekly meetings via Zoom to track progress.
Experience of working in sales is desirable and if you have any knowledge or experience of working within the motor industry or training sector, this would be advantageous but not essential. Full training will be provided.
For more information or to apply for this position please email email@example.com.
Do not attach CV here, email the above address.
|Job Category||Business Development Position|
This is a fantastic opportunity to train and become qualified as a HGV Technician, learning all aspects of repair and maintenance with Hartshorne Motor Services
• No previous automotive qualifications are required,
• You must have GCSE 9-4 (A* – C) or Functional Skills Level 2 in English and Maths and we will support you to help develop your knowledge further.
• Predicated grades are acceptable
• Punctuality and good timekeeping
• Workplace maturity and professionalism
• Proactive attitude
• Can work to a high standard
You will need to be comfortable with a wide range of vehicles such as trucks, buses, agricultural machinery and plant equipment. Being a Heavy Vehicle technician requires a reasonable level of physical strength and stamina
• A logical approach to problem-solving
• An enthusiasm to learn new practical and theoretical skills
• Good practical skills
As an apprentice, you will be a full time employee from the very beginning and while training you’ll be earning your place as an integral part of the workshop team.
Once you have achieved your qualification, you will have further opportunities to progress to positions such as Shift Supervisor, Service Manager or even Master Technician.
Hartshorne Motor Services are one of Volvo Trucks largest dealers and as their training provider, Remit are recruiting for an apprentice Heavy Vehicle Service & Maintenance Technician for their Blakemore depot to start this August.
Have you always had an interest in engineering? Do you love finding out how things work and how to repair them? This apprenticeship might be exactly what you’re looking for.
Whether it’s been a lifelong dream or a more recent ambition, why not apply?
There is a lot involved in keeping HGVs on the road, so you will gain full understanding of the importance of 6-week checks, Operators (O) licence’s and legal obligations and as a Technician apprentice, you will receive training to the manufacturer and DVSAs standard.
The Heavy Vehicle Technicians jobs fall into three main categories:
• Servicing – regular preventive checks in accordance with DVSA regulations
• Maintenance – replacing any parts showing signs of wear and tear, oil changes etc
• Repairs – repair or replacing anything damaged or faulty
With the increase in technology involved with vehicles today, you will also receive extensive training in how to use Volvo’s diagnostic equipment to solve faults in the Engine Control Unit (ECU)
Your training won’t be restricted to just the mechanical side but will include the pneumatic, hydraulic and electrical systems and ‘all electric’ vehicles as well as hybrids.
The types of vehicles you’ll be working on will range from tractor units and rigid trucks through to specialist vehicles and trailers
Closing Dates: Please submit your application along with your CV as soon as possible to avoid disappointment; we reserve the right to close vacancies prior to the published closing date if we receive a sufficient number of applications
Recruitment Process: If you are among the shortlisted candidates, you will be invited to attend an online presentation to discuss the opportunity in greater detail. Following that, you will be required to complete online English and Maths assessments before your application is submitted to the employer
Diagnostic experience needed, at least 3 years experience of working in the industry.
|Job Category||MOT Tester|
Salary dependent on experience.
Fleet Services are Sandwell MBC’s in-house fleet maintenance operation. Based at Waterfall Lane in Cradley Heath, Fleet Services provides fleet maintenance and repair for Sandwell MBC, other public bodies and private sector contracts. With a fleet size of over 1000 items, there is a huge variety of vehicles and equipment.
- Full UK HGV (Category C or C+E).
Training will be provided to obtain a full UK HGV category C licence on a fixed term contract if the successful candidate holds a clean full UK drivers licence (Category B).
- Hold a BTEC National Certificate in Automotive Engineering ONC or equivalent. or experience of working in Heavy Commercial Vehicle workshop.
- Take part in an out of hours breakdown service
- Clean LGV Licence Class C
Our Values; Trust, Unity and Progress make us unique, they define how we do things and are reflected in the way we behave. They are important to us, guiding and shaping our organisational culture. Our values are key to us achieving Sandwell’s Vision 2030 and also guide us when we recruit.
37 hours per week
We reserve the right to close vacancies prior to their advertised date if we receive a large number of applications. Therefore, you are strongly advised to complete and return your application as soon as possible. When completing your application please refer to the supporting documents attached.
If you have a disability and require assistance in making an application, or have experienced a problem whilst applying for a position, please contact the Resourcing Team on 0121 569 3300 or via e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information about working for Sandwell Council, our recruitment process and our offer to you please visit https://www.sandwell.gov.uk/info/200233/jobs
We are looking for reliable, passionate, and professional individuals who want to join the BCA family!
Who are we?
We’re the biggest name in Europe’s vehicle remarketing industry, selling 1.3m vehicles per year, across 60 locations and with a turnover of £2billion. We believe our people are the best in the business, they are friendly, expert, and professional.
Main purpose of the job:
To support the Inventory Manager by completing set daily tasks and to ensure all work and assigned tasks are completed to the required standard in accordance with current service level agreements and defined KPIs.
– Responsible for the creation of digital assets to the highest quality and accuracy in relation to documentation and vehicle specification within specified timelines
– High quality data input and accuracy in relation to documentation and vehicle details
– Working alongside the team to ensure KPI’s are met
– Checking of imaging and quality standards
Skills and experience required:
– Excellent attention to detail
– High level of accuracy
– Experience in a fast paced working environment or office environment
– Good communication skills
– Excellent time management skills
– Knowledge of Microsoft Office
Why choose BCA?
– Onsite parking
– Employee Assistance Programme
– Eye care scheme
– Access to BCA Rewards which provides online and store discounts with a range of retailers
– Cycle to work scheme
– Training/apprenticeship offering
– Deals on new cars
Our policy is to employ the best qualified people and provide equal opportunity for the advancement of employees including promotion and training and not to discriminate against any person because of gender, race, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, religion, belief or disability.
Main Function of Role
Reporting to the IT Customer Service Manager, the Service Request Team Leader is an integral role within the Customer Service Operations team responsible for defining, managing and ensuring compliance to the Request Fulfilment process, providing a central co-ordination function for the management of service requests from the business. The function will maintain oversight of the end-to-end process, resolving exceptions and dealing with queries in a consistent and timely manner.
The role is accountable for defining, documenting, maintaining and implementing the Request
Fulfilment process. The Request Fulfilment process is not used consistently and the Service Request Team Leader will be responsible for standardising the process to ensure service requests are of a standard quality and fit for purpose for all BCA Group divisions. This will enable requests to be fulfilled in a timely manner, thereby supporting the execution of business processes in a more efficient manner.
Develop bespoke delivery models for handling individual request types to ensure they are handled in a consistent manner using tried and tested processes, to prevent re-development of processes on an ad-hoc basis.
Develop escalation processes that enable exceptions to be dealt with promptly with minimal delay, thereby reducing the risk of disruption to the business caused by a slow fulfilment processes.
The role has people accountability for the Service Request fulfilment team.
- Lead, support and develop the Service Request fulfilment team, setting the example to be followed with regards to exceptional customer management and service
- Create and maintain a Service Request skills matrix, ensuring that staff are regularly reviewed against the criteria and trained appropriately thus enabling them to demonstrate exceptional levels of customer service and a high degree of technical knowledge
- Provide day to day leadership and oversight of the Service Request fulfilment team, delivering service aligned to ITIL best practice
- Responsible for further development of Service Request documentation including process, procedures, work instructions, knowledge base articles, etc
- Ensure all Service Requests are dealt with in a professional and timely manner in accordance with service level targets
- Where possible, ensure fulfilment processes are automated using technologies such as Powershell, Power Automate and Power Apps, to improve efficiency and reduce the possibility of human error
- Assist the fulfilment team when request volumes peak or when additional expertise is required
- Ensure all service requests are logged via the Service Desk service management tool
- Ensure any escalations are adequately coordinated and resolved to the customer’s satisfaction
- Take ownership of, respond, mediate and resolve customer feedback following BCA’s escalation policy
- Manage workload and schedule of works in line with business requirements supporting any business agreed service level agreements and operational level agreements
- Seek to develop, maintain and continually improve process and procedure to ensure processes are efficient, effective and of the highest possible standard
- Devise and utilise meaningful performance metrics as an input into improvement activity
- Produce weekly/monthly management reports
- Collaborate with the service architecture team to support activities moving from project to business as usual operations
- Manage appropriate supplier relationships
- Knowledge of working to standards/frameworks (ITIL/ISO)
- Working knowledge of an ITSM tool
- Proven people management skills, including coaching & mentoring members of staff
- At least 3 years’ experience of working in a Service Desk environment, or at a more technical level
- High level of problem solving/troubleshooting skills
- Working knowledge of Windows 7/10Working knowledge of Microsoft technologies, including Word, Excel and Office 365Great understanding of customer service and proven experience of providing high levels of customer service
- Clear and concise verbal communication, with technical and non-technical conversations
- Can articulate technical and non-technical conversations via written media
- Professional attitude and will take pride in own work
- Self-motivated, with a willingness to help others when assistance may not be available
- Ability to learn new systems/services/processes within a fast paced environment
- Ability to work under pressure
- An eye for detail and quality
- This role requires a broad technical understanding of the hardware and applications used by BCA.
- Demonstrable leadership skills, including strong communication skills to all management levels
- Being able to prioritise and effectively plan within a rapidly changing environment
- Attention to detail
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and competing priorities
- Strong people leadership skills
- Self-motivated and strong team player
- Experience in a similar role
- ITIL v3 training
Dudley Metropolitan Borough Council operates its own in-house vehicle maintenance operation providing a full vehicle maintenance and repair service for nearly 500 DMBC vehicles plus a number of other public bodies. We are seeking to appoint enthusiastic, efficient and dedicated individuals to join our Transport Service Team of highly motivated professionals who work collectively to ensure the operation meets legislative requirements and standards
The nature of our customers is such that we deal with a large variety of vehicles ranging from heavy commercial vehicles, truck mounted cranes, refuse vehicles, tippers and tail-lifts, plant, tractors, medium and small sized commercial vans. Much of our work is to tight deadlines and to the most thorough quality standards. In return we offer a competitive remuneration package, good working conditions and excellent training opportunities.
Grade 8 £29,174 – £31,895 plus 10% shift allowance
There is a requirement to work a fortnightly rotating shift pattern:
Week 1 5:30am to 1:18pm (37hr week)
Week 2 10:30am to 6:18pm (37hr week)
Carry out servicing and repairs (mechanical, electrical and hydraulic), preparing and present a wide range of internal and external fleet of vehicles for annual MOT tests
Assist the Workshop Team Leaders in accurately recording information on job cards using the fleet management system
Take part in various ‘out of hours’ and emergency ‘stand by’ services
The successful candidate must hold a full driving licence. A category C LGV driving licence would also be advantageous although we will support full training for the successful candidate to obtain this.
Winter maintenance driving opportunities offering additional standby payments and enhanced call out rates of pay.
Applicants should be able to demonstrate a flexible and organised approach to their work and have good communication and interpersonal skills.
The applicant should have a NVQ Level 3 or equivalent qualification in motor vehicle craft studies or be able to demonstrate the relevant knowledge and experience and be able to work as an individual with minimal supervision and as part of a team.
Generous annual leave allowance (29 – 33 days) Paid leave on each of the 8 public holidays and in addition 1 extra statutory holiday.
Access to the highly valued Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS)
For detailed information on this role, please refer to the Job Description and Person Specification. We would love to chat to you more about these opportunities and to tell you all about our team and service. If you would like to find out more about this opportunity, please contact Paul Massey, Assistant Transport Manager on 01384 814540 or email email@example.com
NB: We reserve the right to close vacancies prior to the advertised date if a large number of applications are received.
So that we can demonstrate Dudley’s commitment to diversity and inclusion and to improve bias in the recruitment process that could create barriers for candidates. Your personal data will be anonymised when you apply, to ensure that you comply with our anonymisation process please ensure you have removed your name and date of birth from any attachments prior to uploading them to your application.
Online application forms will only be accepted for this vacancy, online facilities for jobs are available at public libraries within the Dudley Borough.
If you have a disability and require assistance in making an application please contact the HR Resourcing Team via HR.Resourcing@dudley.gov.uk
If you are experiencing a problem whilst applying for a position, please follow the link below to the WM Jobs Help Page in the first instance; https://www.wmjobs.co.uk/staticpages/20563/help/
If the WM Jobs Help Page does not resolve your issue then please contact the HR Resourcing Team via HR.Resourcing@dudley.gov.uk
Dudley Council will check the information that you have provided against any details already held for accuracy and completeness. The Council will check, share and cross match your information both internally within the council and with external organisations to protect public funds and prevent or detect crime, only where the law allows us to do so. The Council’s full Privacy and Disclaimer Statement can be accessed on the website at http://www.dudley.gov.uk/
CFM is Warwickshire County Council’s (WCC) in-house vehicle maintenance and Fleet Management provider. CFM has traded as a self-accounting Business Unit within the framework of WCC, in open competition with the private sector, for over 30 years. During this time CFM have consistently succeeded in satisfying the maintenance requirements of our in-house customers.
About the Role
Under the direction of a fully skilled technician you will learn to carry out a complete range of inspection, servicing and repair activities consistent with the highest level of professional standards whilst acquiring the skills and vocational training to become a qualified LGV vehicle technician.
As an apprentice you will:
- Perform basic service checks, for example, check operation of
electrical systems and coolant / fluid levels, oil and filter changes.
- Assist senior technicians with more complex service items and
- Assist, under supervision, with the preparation of appropriate
vehicles for MOT and LGV testing
- Assist with the recovery of broken-down vehicles.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Functional skills requirements for English and Maths to be
confirmed depending on results/current certificates
- Health, Safety and Good Housekeeping in the Automotive
- Supporting Job Roles in the Automotive Environment
- Materials, Fabrication, Tools and Measuring Devices used in the
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Warwickshire County Council apprenticeships are always offered as a pathway to a further role within the organisation, subject to vacancy availability. This apprenticeship will provide the training and experience required to apply for a further Vehicle Technician role within County Fleet Maintenance.
Desired skills and personal qualities
Communication skills, Customer care skills, Team working,
GCSE or equivalent MATHS and ENGLISH and two more subjects (Grade A-C / 9-4) Essential
Things to consider
Compliance in undertaking a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check to comply with the requirements of the police vehicle maintenance contract – Check to be carried out by Warwickshire Police Authority Regular manual handling of objects Regular/repetitive bending/ squatting/ kneeling/crouching
For more details and to apply please click here.
Warwickshire County Council (WCC) is committed to equality of opportunity for all employees and is keen to address areas of under representation in its workforce, this is because we really understand the importance of different voices, experiences, perspectives, and backgrounds within our workforce. Therefore, we strongly encourage applications from members of underrepresented groups. WCC has a number of staff network groups which provide peer support and safe spaces for employees who hold these and other identities. See more.
|Job Category||Inventory Administrator|
|Job Category||Recovery Driver|
From July 2022
|Job Category||Apprentice, Technician|