Main Function of Role
Reporting to the IT Customer Service Manager, the Service Request Team Leader is an integral role within the Customer Service Operations team responsible for defining, managing and ensuring compliance to the Request Fulfilment process, providing a central co-ordination function for the management of service requests from the business. The function will maintain oversight of the end-to-end process, resolving exceptions and dealing with queries in a consistent and timely manner.
The role is accountable for defining, documenting, maintaining and implementing the Request
Fulfilment process. The Request Fulfilment process is not used consistently and the Service Request Team Leader will be responsible for standardising the process to ensure service requests are of a standard quality and fit for purpose for all BCA Group divisions. This will enable requests to be fulfilled in a timely manner, thereby supporting the execution of business processes in a more efficient manner.
Develop bespoke delivery models for handling individual request types to ensure they are handled in a consistent manner using tried and tested processes, to prevent re-development of processes on an ad-hoc basis.
Develop escalation processes that enable exceptions to be dealt with promptly with minimal delay, thereby reducing the risk of disruption to the business caused by a slow fulfilment processes.
The role has people accountability for the Service Request fulfilment team.
- Lead, support and develop the Service Request fulfilment team, setting the example to be followed with regards to exceptional customer management and service
- Create and maintain a Service Request skills matrix, ensuring that staff are regularly reviewed against the criteria and trained appropriately thus enabling them to demonstrate exceptional levels of customer service and a high degree of technical knowledge
- Provide day to day leadership and oversight of the Service Request fulfilment team, delivering service aligned to ITIL best practice
- Responsible for further development of Service Request documentation including process, procedures, work instructions, knowledge base articles, etc
- Ensure all Service Requests are dealt with in a professional and timely manner in accordance with service level targets
- Where possible, ensure fulfilment processes are automated using technologies such as Powershell, Power Automate and Power Apps, to improve efficiency and reduce the possibility of human error
- Assist the fulfilment team when request volumes peak or when additional expertise is required
- Ensure all service requests are logged via the Service Desk service management tool
- Ensure any escalations are adequately coordinated and resolved to the customer’s satisfaction
- Take ownership of, respond, mediate and resolve customer feedback following BCA’s escalation policy
- Manage workload and schedule of works in line with business requirements supporting any business agreed service level agreements and operational level agreements
- Seek to develop, maintain and continually improve process and procedure to ensure processes are efficient, effective and of the highest possible standard
- Devise and utilise meaningful performance metrics as an input into improvement activity
- Produce weekly/monthly management reports
- Collaborate with the service architecture team to support activities moving from project to business as usual operations
- Manage appropriate supplier relationships
- Knowledge of working to standards/frameworks (ITIL/ISO)
- Working knowledge of an ITSM tool
- Proven people management skills, including coaching & mentoring members of staff
- At least 3 years’ experience of working in a Service Desk environment, or at a more technical level
- High level of problem solving/troubleshooting skills
- Working knowledge of Windows 7/10Working knowledge of Microsoft technologies, including Word, Excel and Office 365Great understanding of customer service and proven experience of providing high levels of customer service
- Clear and concise verbal communication, with technical and non-technical conversations
- Can articulate technical and non-technical conversations via written media
- Professional attitude and will take pride in own work
- Self-motivated, with a willingness to help others when assistance may not be available
- Ability to learn new systems/services/processes within a fast paced environment
- Ability to work under pressure
- An eye for detail and quality
- This role requires a broad technical understanding of the hardware and applications used by BCA.
- Demonstrable leadership skills, including strong communication skills to all management levels
- Being able to prioritise and effectively plan within a rapidly changing environment
- Attention to detail
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and competing priorities
- Strong people leadership skills
- Self-motivated and strong team player
- Experience in a similar role
- ITIL v3 training