Our courses are either fully funded or 90% funded, depending where you live in the country. To help the industry try and close the skills gaps in electric vehicle service and repair and meet the future demands of car owners. You have to live or work within the the pre defind postcodes regions.
PPE = Overalls with long sleeves and no metal fasteners and Insulated safety boots
Planetary Industrial Estate
EMTEC College Building
Ruddington Fields Business Park
We aim to start the training at 9.00am, therefore if you could try to sign in for approximately 8:30 – 8:45am that would be ideal.
5 Days (during a bank holiday week, this is reduced to 4 days.)
Any pre-existing medical conditions which might prevent involvement i.e. heart condition / pacemaker. If you have any of these, then please let us know.
- IMI awards overviewSafety equipment and procedures
- Types of Electric vehicle and Hybrid systems
- Construction and function of components
- Making the vehicle safe to work on
- Remove and refit a high voltage component
- On-Line & practical Assessment
You should have a minimum of a Level 3 Maintenance & Repair Qualification / Advanced Apprenticeship and/or 3 years’ relevant experience. You should have a good occupational understanding of Health & Safety. They must not have a pacemaker fitted or have any other medical condition that could be affected by high voltage and magnetism. ALL delegates will need to sign the Health Questionnaire and disclaimer prior to being registered with the IMI for the L3 or L4 qualification.
They must have successfully completed the level 3 Electric / Hybrid Vehicle qualification.
NO – There is no shelf-life as these are L3 and L4 Qualifications not an accreditation (that would expire or need to be repeated every 3 years).
YES – Currently there are 5 Electric and Hybrid Vehicle Qualifications offered by the IMI.
- IMI Level 1 Award in Electric/Hybrid Vehicle Awareness
- IMI l Level 2 Award in Electric/Hybrid Vehicle Hazard Management for Emergency and Recovery Personnel
- IMI Level 2 Award in Electric/Hybrid Vehicles Routine Maintenance Activities
- IMI Level 3 Award in Electric/Hybrid Vehicle System Repair and Replacement
A garage will need all of the necessary PPE and safety equipment for staff working on the vehicle and the workspace – This information and supplier details will be included in the course delivery with examples and use of the correct tools and multi-meters.